Reports of My Igorning My Blog Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

In fact, I’ve been busy doing very important things. Such things may include:

1. Eating pumpkin pie for lunch.
  2. Painting half a picture and promising to come back to it later.
  3. Thinking of a great blog post, being too lazy to write down blog post, and forgetting blog post.
  4. Being too bitter to think of a new blog post because THE ONE I JUST HAD WAS JUST FINE.
  5. Being too cozy to get up and get my drawing pad.
  6. But mostly, spending too much time on my holiday cards that I thought would take me one hour.

I think I’ve mentioned that I use Photoshop Elements to make my blog posts, which sort of makes it sound like I know how to use Photoshop. (I don’t.)

Oh sure, I can make a lot of layers and make cool little motion blurs, but the truth is, most of the cool things you can do with Photoshop take time, and I’m more of a need-instant-gratification-type.

So anyway, I took pictures of us and our cats for our holiday cards and then realized afterwards that I had ugly things in the background because it turns out cats don’t like to take suggestions on where to sit and look cute.

So the husband was like, “Just go use your Photoshop skills to change the background!”

And since I pretend to know Photoshop, I was like, “Oh yeah, sure, what a great idea!”

Four YouTube videos later, I was somewhat confident on how to remove a complex background. The problem was, all the approaches did not work so well for hair. Or whiskers. Unless you wanted to spend many hours zooming in with laser precision to go around each hair, which, like I said, need-instant-gratification-type.

So I erased my poor cat Wizard’s whisker and just drew them back in. At this time, I would like to apologize to Wizard and all the other cats out there for my shameful behavior.

That said, Hang Time and Wizard do look quite dapper in their holiday outfits, drawn in whiskers or not.

Hang Time Wizard

P.S. Hang Time is the one wearing the tie, obviously. Wizard is the one who looks slightly askant at her whisker molestation.

P.P.S. Hang Time would like to clarify that his whiskers have not been retouched.

P.P.P.S. Hang Time can get a little petty over little details. Don’t tell him I said that.

P.P.P.P.S. Of course I’m not showing you the pictures of the husband and I, because WE’RE CARTOONS AND THAT WOULD SPOIL THE ILLUSION! To make up for it, here’s a picture of Mark Twain holding a kitten. Why? Because it’s Mark Twain holding a kitten.

mark twain and a cat

About these ads
This entry was posted in Cats and Cats, Crafty Things, Holidays and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Reports of My Igorning My Blog Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

1. katyhancock says:

Thank you for the picture of Mark Twain holding a kitten, because it’s Mark Twain holding a kitten

2. nina says:

Great sense of humor. Thanks for the laugh!

3. Lisa Nosal says:

Your blog is snowing. Which is good, because otherwise I was having a migraine aura. :)

4. OMG — I have *the same cats* — only fatter.

5. Wow! You have some mad whisker-drawing skills! Put that on a resume!

6. Distinguished Malcontent says:

“When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction.” – Mark Twain

7. This is the weirdest comment ever! I have typed in what I want to say and it comes out as something else completely with no rhyme nor reason as to what it is about. Weird! I am leaving this as is to see what happens.
    Oh, yeah, nice cats.

8. I can relate to number 3 at least once a week. And considering I’m now writing my blog once a week, that means half of all my blog post ideas (at least) end in failure…

9. Your lines are kind of straight though, so you’re already 1,000 steps ahead of where I’d be if I had to fix whiskers. We tried a family photo with the dogs a few weeks ago. It didn’t go well.

10. Kenny2dogs says:

Hi, just been looking at your photoshop work, and wondering if you know where the “background eraser tool” is. ?
    Kenny :)

11. elainecanham says:

I’m glad somebody else suffers from displacement. I’ve taken to sorting my holiday snaps from 2004 rather than send my Christmas cards. Dunno why, I mean, I’ve written them. Thanks for the Mark Twain photo, too.

12. Can you make my cards next year, please pretty peas?