I thought maybe I should properly introduce myself to you all. I’m Rae, and here’s all you need to know.
- I’ve never owned an Ozzy Osbourne record, but for some reason when I wake up in the morning I usually have Mr. Crowley stuck in my head. I hope it means one day I will fool all the people with magic.
- I read a lot and when I was a kid I used to be embarrassed about it (when I bought books at my school’s book fair and kids gave me weird looks I would say I was buying them for my “friends,” like they were condoms or something). The last few years I’ve had a goal of 60 books a year. If you have any recommendations for my next book, let me know (I’m generally not into mysteries, unless the detective carries a longbow, then I might make an exception).
- Despite my blog’s title, I’m not a “cougar.” I’m in my late-20s, since you were wondering. I’m convinced cougars (aka mountain lions) slept outside my bedroom window when I was a kid, which is where that comes from.
- I hate peas. I have a post done about it, but I don’t like the way the pictures turned out. I might post it tomorrow anyway though since I’ll be working on a Friday treat for you all tonight.
- I have a tall ship tattoo on one of my ankles. (No, it doesn’t mean anything.) If I ever get successful enough to not have to work in an office everyday, I plan on getting another tall ship tattoo on the other ankle, only it will be getting torn about by either a kraken or a sea dragon. I haven’t decided yet.
- You guys will find it HILARIOUS to know that I’m actually a certified copyeditor and I had TYPOS in my flowchart. Ah, the irony! But seriously, I finished that thing late in the night and thought five people would see it, so I didn’t check for typos. Also, I’m crap at catching my own mistakes anyway.
- Are you bored of this list yet?
- I’m lactose intolerant and I get really grossed out whenever I see a cup of milk – it kind of makes me gag. Cheese is okay.
- I’m married and I have two cats, Hang Time and Wizard. I don’t have any kids, so you won’t be seeing any stories about how my child won’t be potty-trained, but I may occasionally write about how my cats can tell time.
- I don’t get American Idol. So sorry, I won’t be doing any recaps here.
- I live in the Bay Area and I’m always paranoid about an earthquake hitting while I’m on the Bay Bridge. You know in Raiders of the Lost Ark* when they are trying to outrace the boulder? Driving across the bridge is like that for me, I’m always looking in my rearview mirror expecting to see it collapsing behind me.
- I probably write too many bullet points when I make “about me” lists.
And that’s it!
*I first said The Temple of Doom and one of my knowledgeable readers corrected me. I combined the boulder scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark with the mine cart scene from Temple of Doom in my head. How embarrassing.