To Cut or Not to Cut (Bangs)

When I was about 13-years-old, I decided to rebel against my mother and grow my bangs out. That period was very awkward, especially since I decided to make them into one big side curl. I was not very innovative with my hair at 13.

At the age of 21, I decided to go with bangs again, which means I’ve had bangs for the last seven years (go ahead and do your math). My bangs and I have had good times, bad times, and mediocre times. Lately though, it seems like they have six phases, and only one of those phases is good. See chart.

So, my question is, do I deal with the horrible awkwardness of growing them out again and thus rid myself of my bad bang days forever? Are the good bang days worth the bad? Help me decide.

This entry was posted in Random Ideas and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to To Cut or Not to Cut (Bangs)

1. Kriss says:

Keep bangs, but keep them a little on the longish side, so that on bad hair days you can do a variety of things with them with barettes. This is assuming, of course, that you have thick enough hair. Don’t know how it would work if you had fine hair.

2. Tania says:

Keep the bangs. Google Kim Kardashian hair images and check out the versatility of having do’s with bangs or without.

3. Alanna Coca says:

I don’t have bangs. Mostly because I’m lazy as hell.

4. Timothy Chen Allen says:

I’m afraid I had to go with the, “I’ve never seen you…” answer. Bangs look great on some people, but bad on others. Some people look good in them sometimes and bad in them sometimes (think Shelley Duvall in Popeye vs. Shelley Duvall in Time Bandits). I clip my hair myself with a number two clipper. This is a conservative look on my part, but would be daring and innovative on yours. Don’t do it. That’s only for Captain Picard and me.

5. Anonymous the Great says:

I cut my bangs myself. you need a hair-cutting scissors to do it right. Lucky has them cheap. my hair is curly so they look fine no matter what. you didn’t mention if your hair is super straight. then you’d probably want a professional to do it. sorry my answer is not weird or amusing. I’ll try to be more creative next time.

• I cut my bangs myself too, except I’m lazy and I use kitchen scissors. They are usually… Ok. I’m blessed with semi-curly hair, which means it doesn’t go curly enough to look good, but it likes going every which way. Crap, my comment isn’t funny either. Unless commenting in it’s unfunniness is funny?

6. SimonB says:

As an Englishman, I have no idea why you can’t just call it a fringe like we do.

7. Anonymous the Great says:

I think calling them bangs is weirder – who thought that up anyway? it sounds obscene.

8. gabrielaa. says:

of course it’s more a fringe than a bang, let alone bangS.
    weird!