The Exploding Sun

I’ve always been slightly more paranoid than the average person. As an adult, I’m usually paranoid about rational things, like whether or not my house is going to get broken into if I leave the window cracked or if that cough sounds like cancer. As a child though, I got paranoid about somewhat more ridiculous things.

When I was around seven or eight my teacher gave an astronomy lesson. She talked about the life and death of stars, and then she dropped the bomb and told us that the sun, our sun, is a star and one day it would die. Of course this meant that I was constantly suspicious of the sun and its plans to explode.

Every so often I’d glance at the sun, wondering if the next minute would be the minute I would be plunged into darkness.

Eventually, I started to forget about my fear of the sun, but every so often, I look up, and I wonder.

I don’t think I’ll ever be able to fully trust the sun.

This entry was posted in Childhood Things, Paranoid and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to The Exploding Sun

1. NC Chick says:

Your blog makes me laugh hysterically with every new post. *brava*!

2. Cool, love the pics – the last one cracked me up.

3. sayali611 says:

Omg! You girl, you are the best!

4. hulagirl65 says:

Hilarious . . . and I wonder if they make a sunblock strong enough for a worrier like you?

Love your blog!!

5. Kathy H says:

Another winner!!!! LOL Have a great weekend!

6. K.B. says:

OMG, I think you’re in my head! I keep reading about these sun flares and wondering….is this IT???

7. Alfonzo says:

This blog is supercalifrigalisticespiallidocious! and i only ever say it if i mean it

8. bronxboy55 says:

This would make a great children’s book. Really.

9. Dancediaries says:

And the medal go’s to!…Peas and Cougars! bravo! *clap, clap * (clapping and bravoing in the background)

10. Very funny! You are not alone! I’m also a worrier. Not so much the sun, though. The cough and cracked window–thoughts like those haunt my days.

11. cedieschades says:

I’m a bit of a paranoid, too. And I really can feel you!

12. Kit says:

When I was in Elementary school the lunch lady told me that peas were actually spies and that when I ate them they would travel through my body to check out what I’ve been eating and radio back to my mother if I’d been naughty. I remember sitting there, pushing them around the tray with my fork wondering if they were going to tell my mother that I’d had a Twinkie for breakfast.

13. alterlogos says:

girl, i like you style!

14. alterlogos says:

“your” is better…insn’t it? šŸ™‚

15. Tooty Nolan says:

As a child in the 60’s I used to listen to turbo-prop aircraft as they passed above my house at night. I was certain that one night one of them would crash upon it, and I’d be killed. I couldn’t relax until the drone drifted away into the distance, and I could sleep safely. Kids cause themselves so much angst,don’t they?.

16. den says:

Adorable. You are brilliant.

17. historyromp says:

What were you holding onto on that first picture? Sorry, but brilliant post though… keep it up!!!! šŸ™‚

18. karaybrooke says:

I actually share this fear of the sun not shining someday. We were also told we would run out of water…and oxygen.

19. Will Bailey says:

Love your expressions! And don’t worry. It’s probably more likely that we will be wiped out by the Yellowstone Super Caldera exploding. “Ooo, honey, look a bison! Pull over so I can- [KAboom]”

20. I’m afraid of chickens. And roads. No, it’s chickens on roads. Always on the lookout for those when I’m driving. I mean I don’t want there ever to be a time when someone asks someone else, “Why DIDN’T the chicken cross the road?” and they both turn to look at me and say, “because of her!”

I mean it’s written right at the top of my blog page . . . ( MikiBits.com )

21. mominaaftab says:

Reblogged this on syedamomina and commented:
    HAHAHAHAHA.

Liked by 1 person

22. mominaaftab says:

You are amazing :’D

Liked by 1 person

23. Absolutely hilarious!All your posts crack me up!

Liked by 1 person

24. marniemeow says:

I was paranoid about random things as a child as well. Weren’t we all?

Liked by 1 person

25. Oh my god! I nearly died laughing! You never fail to do this to me, woman!

Liked by 1 person