The Danger of Being Sick

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night feeling the kind of sick I would only wish on my worst enemies or coworkers who don’t believe me when I’m sick, so I crawled out of bed to the bathroom to wait the night out. Between bouts of wanting and not wanting to throw-up, I laid on the cold bathroom floor, convinced I was currently the most miserable person in existence.

Suddenly though, I was aware of a new sensation. It felt like my skin was moving.

Since it was the middle of the night, I wasn’t wearing my contacts, but I thought I could see something moving toward me. I could tell it wasn’t a white light, so I could only conclude that the angel of death was a dark evil and not just a Thin Lizzy song.

So it wasn’t death. Between the two hours of me going to bed and then getting back up again my bathroom had been overtaken by ants.

Now I was the most miserable person in existence.

This entry was posted in Observations, Paranoid and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to The Danger of Being Sick

1. So sorry that you were so crook but damn it, thanks for the good laugh!

2. That is truly adding insult to injury (or to sickness in this case)! I’ve had my own moments where I feel like things can’t get worse and then the Universe takes that as an opportunity to prove me wrong. I try not to challenge it anymore 🙂

3. There is no situation that cannot be made worse by an invasion of ants. Hope you feel better soon!

4. sayali611 says:

Aww. Hope you feel better soon. And time for that pest control too

5. Oh! Poor baby!! (And there’s more of those where that came from!)

6. Anna says:

SO FUNNY.
    I’m laughing so hard, but I do genuinely hope you feel better soon too 🙂

7. wordsfallfrommyeyes says:

I hope you get better – but I’ve got to tell you I loved your cartooning 🙂 I don’t know how you did a blurry image though – very clever!

8. Alfonzo says:

LOL your hilarious. You should declare war against the ants! I’m sure just about anybody will help considering in this case you are the minority, female and sick! You got that thin lizzy song stuck in my head. Hope you feel peachy 🙂

9. Better than the film Hangover where Alan goes to the bathroom to find a tiger. But bless you anyway and I hope you feel better now.

10. I once ate giant roasted ants from Selfridges… and promptly threw up! I think ants and throwing-up are intrinsicly linked.

11. That was ridiculously funny! It really made me laugh – I love your blog. This happenned to me the other night. I felt my skin crawling, and like something was pinching me. I grabbed at one of the “ants” I thought was all in my mind, and it was a real ant. unmistakable. I dont know if you get biting red ants there? But its frighn sore. My silly cat had stolen a piece of chicken from the kitchen and left it on my bed in the middle of the night. You never want to wake up to being carried off and eaten by ants. (at least I wasn’t sick)

12. funny!!!:))) i thought it was a spider:))

13. artjen1971 says:

The swarm of ants would have definitely been just the push I needed to throw up! Ewwwwww.

14. eyeLaugh says:

Ewwww! But yes definitely deserves to be in the “Best Of” category 🙂

15. Mouse says:

I would have cried. I honestly hate ants, and adding that to feeling physically ill would have just pushed me off the edge 😦

16. Pingback: The 2011 transatlantic diablog award – WINNER Q & A with Peas and Cougars (Part 2) «

17. iimpp says:

If it was me, I would get out of that sick status very quickly, then get up and kill those ants. They were accused of making me more miserable. When I was sick, I just could be so evil (▼皿▼#)

18. Made me laugh but then I remembered schadenfreude and stopped as I have been on that cold floor trying not to puke. Thank goodness there were never ants as I would have expired.My life is a series of running around with windex trying to kill ants and flies. Thanks for the laugh, I will now read all your other stuff.

19. Pingback: Adventure on the bathroom floor « Laowai Amok (pt 2)

20. Kylie says:

Sometimes it’s better just to leave off the contacts…

21. Aww haha these are cute:)

22. Outlier Babe says:

You were laying there, almost lifeless, a cold, pallid slug: They were coming to worship you at the altar of your immense immobility as their new Queen. All Hail, Queen Rae !

23. marniemeow says: