Falling Into Ballet

I’m convinced that if I had taken ballet as a child I would be able to turn any stumble into a pirouette or something else equally amazing. Unfortunately, I’m too tall, although I do have a nice natural first position.

This entry was posted in Childhood Things, Observations and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Falling Into Ballet

1. LOL, love the cartoon! Well all I know is I fall at a moments notice, because of old age.

2. Grace says:

I took ballet as a kid, but it didn’t make me into any less of a klutz, lol.

3. underwhelmer says:

Guys have a version of this called “the action roll” where any blundering fall is covered up by a cat-like roll worthy of celluloid. I usually just fall harder, but with more pizazz. πŸ™‚

4. Mrs. S says:

that looked graceful enough to me πŸ™‚

5. Russ Nickel says:

That’s a great concept. I think I might start stalking some ballerinas and tossing banana peels in front of them just to see whether or not the ballet fall is a real thing.

6. Uh, I’m a full-time ballet teacher and graduate of Canada’s National Ballet School. So, I can tell that: 1) tall dancers are IT right now, and 2) dancers are terribly clumsy when not dancing – because we use up our daily grace allowance when in the studio. That’s science.

That being said, you are right. We fall in the most spectacular ways.

Also, I’d re-think the banana peel thing. We’re hungry, and we’ve got nuthin’ to lose.

7. LisaaLinh says:

Very cute artwork ! πŸ™‚

8. Anita Mac says:

Wonder if that would work for me too!

9. Lol!! Amazing work! πŸ™‚

10. Your cartoons are awesome!!
    Love it πŸ˜€
    And yes, i also wish i could do that when i trip over something πŸ™‚

11. I really love your illustrations! They’re quite nice. This post reminds me of my best friend. She too is a graceful stumbler.

12. Beetlebuggy says:

I must say, you’re extremely talented at creating cartoons! I’m enjoying each and every one of them!

13. Sarah Romero says:

I’m not the only one?!?! After reading several of your posts, I’m convinced we were separated at birth… or are clones of each other.

Follow me on Twitter @iHeartDates. (No, not the man-huntin’ kind.)