Waking Dreams

Thank you everyone to came over to my blog after my Coming to a Writer’s Block post was Freshly Pressed! I guess this means I can’t complain about never being Freshly Pressed anymore, but I’m sure I’ll find something else to complain about. I really appreciate all the feedback I’ve gotten though, and I now have to change my WordPress settings because my mailbox was overloaded with notifications (very exciting though for a girl who used to pretend that junk mail was for her because she loved getting mail so much).

Now back to our regularly scheduled blog.

I usually have pretty vivid dreams. This means my nights are pretty entertaining, but it also means my mind can act like a little sneaky shit and play tricks on me.

Normally, I hit snooze a few times after my alarm goes off.

But eventually I drag myself out of bed.

Soon though, I realize that something doesn’t seem right.

And then I realize that I just dreamed of getting ready and I still have to get up.

Once I dreamed up getting up three times in a row. It’s pretty much the saddest thing that can happen to someone in the morning.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Waking Dreams

1. angriestpear says:

That happens to me quite often. Also dreaming that it’s the weekend and you don’t have to go to work, but it’s actually a Wednesday. Great post!

2. Seraph says:

I can relate completely. πŸ˜€
    I’ll run through whole days, usually having to do much more work than should be allowed, and then wake up and feel exhausted.
    Once, I had a dream that went through a day where my entire family visited and I had to entertain them all.
    I only realize that it’s a dream when I wake up for the second time, though, and even then, sometimes, I’ll be talking to someone about “This wacky dream I had…”
    and wake up AGAIN. -.-

3. Sadly, I have the same type of dream. Still, often my dreams are so entertaining, I wake up laughing. A great way to start the day.

4. Ta-Da says:

I once dreamt that I was late for work, got up & did my routine in double quick time and lo & behold… it was a Sunday!

5. goyagrrl says:

This has happened to me way too many times. I once even made it all the way to work, only to actually wake up and realize that I had totally overslept.

6. verifiedkayo says:

I’ve dreamed I was through most of the day before I woke up and realize that no, I still had to get up, get ready, and go to the class I dreaded. So sad.

Enjoying your blog. πŸ™‚

7. itsa5doglife says:

I’ve gotten up and gotten a shower and dressed at 3 am because I dreamed my alarm went off. What a bummer that was when I walked into the kitchen and saw the wall clock. I also wake up all the time and have to stop and think if it’s a weekday or the weekend. It’s usually a weekday unfortunately. Congrats on getting Freshly Pressed!!!

8. mzklever says:

That happens to me when I take levaquin (an antibiotic), so I stay far away from it. At least you’re not dreaming that you’re peeing…that’s always bad.

9. riatarded says:

me too!me too! you will get the reference once you read this πŸ˜› http://riatarded.wordpress.com/2011/11/14/the-me-too-me-too-syndrome-do-you-suffer-from-it/ sorry for the shameless publicity! If it’s any consolation i love your blog XD

10. It gets worse if you’re stressed…or pregnant.
    Which is just another word for stressed…

11. Shegz Afolayan says:

I used to think that this happened to only me! πŸ™‚

12. Russ Nickel says:

This used to happen all the time until I became a layabout writer who can sleep in until whenever he wants. Now I just dream about getting more comments on my blog posts!

13. onemeanmfa says:

No, what is worse is when you dream you are getting ready, wake up thinking your late, and realize –oh wait, I was napping. Although, the good thing is you were napping.

14. Anna says:

Happens to me much more often than it should. Often I’ll dream that I’m running late so when I do actually manage to wake up I’m running round like some sort of demented ferret until I realise I’m actually much too early.

15. gobbledegok says:

Love this! Very, very relatable.

16. Piethstop says:

I think this dream hit me too many times too. especially on weekdays. ;(

17. rOxy says:

hahaha! I would hate that if that happened to me!

I guess you’re got fixated with waking up, that it came to your dreams.

happy sleeping for the next sleep!

18. rubysongbird says:

This is great! I do this! Multiple times a month! Your blog makes me feel like I’m not alone πŸ™‚

19. wow dats the story of my life !

20. Anne Schilde says:

I do the dreams in cycles thing all the time, and I’ve dreamed I woke up, but I never put the two together. That’s pretty funny. I did dream it so real once that after I was really awake I was wondering if I was still dreaming.

21. emily says:

I once dreamt that I had looked at the time and I was already running late for work. I jumped out of bed and started getting ready really fast only to realise (once I was ready) that it was about an hour too early >.>

22. AnomalousThoughts says:

You know I don’t think I have ever had that happen to me, but sometimes the opposite will happen. I will actually get up, but I won’t get ready because I think I am having a lucid dream or something. I don’t have to go to class because I am about to wake up at any minute. Of course this doesn’t happen, I am just late to class.