A Tangled Holiday

There’s only one thing that makes me swear more than driving and intolerant douche bags, and that’s untangling Christmas lights.

This entry was posted in Holidays and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to A Tangled Holiday

1. hebeindc says:

Could you put that on a christmas card? You’d make a fortune.

2. Love it!!!!! I agree, would make a great Christmas card.

3. underwhelmer says:

Ha!

It looks like the cougar didn’t have as much trouble setting up the lights as you did. 😉

Happy Holidays 🙂

4. olletron says:

I HATE this. Also, when it just happens with ordinary wires or headphones. It’s bullshit. I agree with the above though, you really should put this on a card, I’d buy it~ or I would just be cheap and print it off on some card. Buahahahahaha!

5. Yaaaaaaaay, Christmas header! I agree, it would be a great Christmas card. You can make it even more Christmas-y by swearing “Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!” (My father’s favorite.)

6. Russ Nickel says:

Christmas header is awesome!

Untangling lights was always a family affair for me, so I look back on it fondly. We bonded over the horror.

7. societyred says:

I agree…maybe that’s why so many people in my neighborhood leave them up all year. I always hated that, does that make me an intolerant douche bag?
    I like your style!

8. Dee says:

I am so happy I have opted out of that task since I’ve been away for my undergrad and now masters. I come home, and the lights are up! Indoors and out! lol

9. Adrianna F says:

Amen…

10. W. R. Woolf says:

Every year we fold them neatly so that we won’t have to spend hours untangling them, and every year we take them out of their boxes to find them even more tangled than the year before..
    I think they do it on purpose…

11. Oh such memories! Such cursing! Such scathing red-hot anger! Yay Christmas lights!

12. LOL! I feel that way every time I dig the buggers out of storage!

13. Anne Schilde says:

Your page is snowing now. How cute!

14. Pete Howorth says:

It’s worth the extra money to throw them away and buy new ones to avoid the stress it brings.

15. Lori Franks says:

I’m with Pete. They are cheap enough I would rather just spend the money and buy new….love the Christmas Header and snow fall.

16. Dounia says:

Oh, the boundless joy of untangling the christmas lights. Good memories. Love your drawing, and I agree with several of the comments that it would make an awesome christmas card (my dad would LOVE it!). 🙂

17. haha, it happens the same to me when trying to take the tinsel out of boxes – I always end up taking it personally and freak people out if they happen to be around..

18. Storm Rider says:

lol.. happens every diwali (a festival of ours) !! : )

good one!

19. Hahahaha! So funny…and so true. Part of the reason I stopped putting lights up in my apartment is for the tangled – cursing phenomena that Christmas brought out of me. Just glad that my folks push through and put their lights up 🙂

20. Pingback: Never socialise with the boss « Leaving That Behind