Cat Tree for Three

I was at the pet store recently and I can never resist looking at the cat toys.

Husband thinks I buy too many toys. But really, can you have too many cat toys?

Anyway, I noticed one of the deluxe not-as-ugly-as-normal cat trees was on sale.

He pretends to be tough, but really he likes spoiling them just as much as me.

The cats loved it immediately.

Only as the days wore on I started to feel something off about it. Usually, at least one of them would always sit in my lap in the evenings, but since I bought the cat tree, I got nothing.

Clearly they were unimpressed with my lap now that they had experienced a premium cat tree that doesn’t nuzzle their stomach every time they stretch.

There was only one thing left to do.

This entry was posted in Cats and Cats and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Cat Tree for Three

1. Jo Eberhardt says:

The obvious solution! This made me laugh out loud. Love it.

2. Nadia says:

Ha ha, that’s brilliant!

3. Russ Nickel says:

Awww. This post is adorable! And so true! Every time you get anything new, the cats love to sleep on it, then as soon as the next new thing rolls around, all the old stuff is forgotten. I miss my kitties.

4. No good deed goes unpunished. Next time, buy them a bed of nails. They’ll be lap-warmers again.

5. underwhelmer says:

We got something like this. They barely touch the kitty tree. They prefer the box that it came in. πŸ™‚

6. I kindly suggest to cut down the “cat” tree!

Share some love kittens! Ho ho ho ho. Lol

7. olletron says:

Adorable as always! You know you’ve bought something durable when it holds your weight as well as well as the cats’. :>

8. booksnob says:

Your face in the second to last panel is heartbreaking and hilarious at the same time.

9. I would have confiscated the tree

10. amira says:

totally hilarious πŸ™‚
    they are going to love you for not taking it away
    very creative solution …. lol

11. Jess says:

My husband won’t let me get the cat tree…Seeing this comic now I think he secretly knows it will cut down on his cuddle time (and not his excuse of them being ugly)!

12. Nice shading! Your illustrations are especially great on this one.

The last picture really makes this. One of my new favourites πŸ™‚

13. Lori Franks says:

My cat is not a cuddly cat, much. As he gets older he is becoming more so. If I were to get a cat tree he would never sit with me. Very cute!

14. Very funny! just the thing needed before a long night at work!

15. Ryan says:

Me and my girlfriend read the comic and laughed. That’s us, basically.

Love your comics, and your blog. Keep ’em coming.

Ryan

16. SJ says:

Best solution ever! Glad the cat tree can also be a human tree.. haha

17. The best cat toy ever is a nude arm. Hurray.
    Great solution, by the way. I guess you have an operative mind.

18. suzymarie56 says:

Oh cats can be so like that! Hoity toity. I very much like your solution, because not only do you get cat cuddles, you get to experience the new cat tree, which your cats have clearly already deemed marvellous.

19. LMAO. I feel weird reading your blog. I need to sneak into a corner somewhere where no one can see me. I skim through your drawings and I laugh out loud in embarrassing chuckles. I feel like I am looking at something naughty and need to hide. I cackle so loud sometimes, I assume I would be looked at in really odd ways. Thanks for the laughs that you cause for me EVERY time.

20. jenlongdon says: