Sidewalk Elbow

Yesterday I was walking to the train like I normally do after work, and the sidewalk was  crowded because it was 5:00. Everything was going fine until I came across a guy who was not only walking on the wrong side of the sidewalk, but had his nose buried in a phone.

And honestly, I didn’t even think about it. I just had a reflex reaction.

There’s a part of me that scares me sometimes.

This entry was posted in Human Interactions and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Sidewalk Elbow

1. puzzle says:

Oh, don’t worry, maybe you saved his life with that.

2. SimonB says:

Always such a temptation.

3. Puzzle is right, you saved that guy from walking into the street and getting hit by a car.

4. You kept him from walking into an open manhole. You are a hero!

5. angriestpear says:

Hahaha! I do that too! I hate when people aren’t paying attention to where they are walking!

6. The final nominee of the 2011 transatlantic diablog award is announced now. You are among all of them. Check who you compete against via this link:

Official votings start December 15 – free and open for everybody!

7. I love it. Seriously.

8. Anne Schilde says:

Score one bonus point if you made him think he elbowed you.
    Score five bonus points if he dropped his phone!

9. FredK says:

I’m a little concerned. ‘He’ is clearly a woman. If you misconstrued gender, then perhaps the phone was actually a baby or a hoover cane.

10. Lori Franks says:

I love it!~
    So is it ok if I play bumper cars when I see some one texting while driving?

11. Nina says:

i utilise the elbow all the time. on trains, at music festivals. it’s for revenge

i have also been known to stick my foot out to trip people over when they are rudely pushing through a crowd at a busy music gig (it’s ok, you can fall far in a crowd) or stamp on feet.

petty, petty woman i am.

12. The Pencil Pirouette says:

hahaha mean mean mean. :))

13. Pingback: It’s Not Road Rage If It Happens On A Sidewalk « Funny or Tragic

14. underwhelmer says:

There’s a part of you that’s extra awesome… that’s what that is. 🙂

15. Snoop says:

Lol I also do that sometimes.