I Don’t Use Paint

I found out that I got nominated for the Transatlantic Diablog Award, which is weird since I didn’t even have to nominate myself. (Thank you anonymous person who nominated me, your faith in me surprises even my mother.) It makes me nervous though because people have to vote for a winner, which makes me flash back to high school when I wasn’t even popular enough to get nominated for something, let alone gather enough votes to win. If you do feel like encouraging my competitive streak though, you can go vote for me here.

One thing about this nomination bothers me though. In the recap of all the blogs nominated, they described mine as, “If you like comics and Microsoft Paint art, “Peas and Cougars” must be your favourite.”

Ahem.

Microsoft Paint? I appreciate the sentiment, but let’s just get one thing clear.

You ain’t gonna fit all of this…

…in Microsoft Paint.

(You might be able to fit it all in Photoshop Essentials, but you’ll have to squeeze it a little.)

P.S. I realized I might sound like an asshole here. Just to be clear, I have nothing against Paint, I just like to give people a hard time.

This entry was posted in Human Interactions and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to I Don’t Use Paint

1. Pingback: The 2011 transatlantic diablog award – All nominees here! A Round Up… [Updated: No Paint at Peas and Cougars] « the transatlantic diablog

2. Hi M Rae, and sorry for some incorrect information about your great work. We have changed our text about your blog. We hope it’s better now. Thanks for posting a link to our voting booth. First ideas on how people have voted so far later today… See you then.

3. Yay for PS….I “foof” in the face of Microsoft Paint. Well, not really but you know what I mean!

4. Dounia says:

You’ve got my vote – just went and voted! 🙂

5. J. Ploober says:

Love the attitude! 🙂

6. booksnob says:

Good luck, Rae! I hope you are responsible for the birth of a million unicorns this year!

7. Kathy says:

Very nice. I voted!

8. Anne Schilde says:

Haha, hot and sassy both! Love it!

9. underwhelmer says:

It’s good you don’t use MS Paint… It takes an insanely long amount of time to make something look halfway decent. I think my posts are weekly primarily because of my chosen medium… 😦

10. Ryan says:

Hey Rae: what medium DO you use, then? Don’t wanna sound stupid…I mean, you kinda hinted at you using Photoshop Essentials, but meh. I might be wrong. I kinda want to start making stuff like you. You’ve inspired me. 🙂

Thanks.

Oh, haha, I use Photoshop Essentials. It would be nice to have something more robust, but Essentials is cheap and gets the job done, and has a lot more options than Paint. Sometimes doing something simple with Photoshop is a lot more complicated than it would be with Paint though, so there’s pros and cons both ways.

11. angriestpear says:

Congrats on being nominated! Hope you win!

12. eyeLaugh says:

lol! some people think I use MS Paint as well! I’m like ummm no. My stick figures may be craptastic, but they’re GOOD craptastic! I’m a total Photoshop lover.

13. bonzoWhale says:

It takes hard work and dedication and the right tools to do what us drawing bloggers do… it doesn’t take much talent, though, since I’m doing it, but you definitely have that. Happy new year!