Married Driver

I think it’s human nature to be terrified of your spouse’s driving, no matter how slow or safe they are going. I also think this is why most arguments happen in the car.

This entry was posted in Human Interactions, Marriage and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Married Driver

1. K How says:

Oh that’s great! I’m terrified of my best friend’s driving. And I think she’s equally terrified of mine.

2. Katrine says:

Very true! My fiancee is taking his drivers license now, and I don’t think I want him to drive me around when he gets it.. I’m very scared! 😛

3. I may need to show this to my husband so that he realizes it’s not just me.

4. So funny! My husband was nearly falling asleep at the wheel during our last long carride, so we switched. I drove for 200 feet and that was enough to jolt him awake so he could drive the rest of the way home. In my defense… it was snowstorming and I have never driven in the snow. 🙂

5. Jenn says:

My long-term boyfriend and I are from different states. He can’t drive in my state because he’s not used to people randomly cutting you off. I’m totally sending this to him!

6. booksnob says:

My husband and I were sideswiped our first Christmas together, and – 13 years later – I still can’t let go of the handle on the door when he’s driving.

7. Jess says:

YES!!!! My husband gets so mad at me about this (and when I scream about bugs…apparently screams should be for emergencies only). I’m glad this comic and comments are proof that it’s more universal 🙂

If you think it’s tough driving with your spouse, just wait until the boy whose diapers you changed is behind the wheel. Terrifying.

9. Sarah says:

I am so showing this to hubby. He thinks it’s a problem with me. Not.

10. When I’m driving I do a little above the speed limit, will not fear the safe pass on the right side and can drift through a stop sign if it’s clear that there is no one around to run into. In my wife’s mind, I’m Mario Andretti trying to secure my spot in pole position while laughing manically and tweeting about how I’m laughing really hard and driving like crazy. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but, since I’m married, NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!

11. MaiBao says:

LOL. My spouse and I have the same problem. He can drive like a maniac sometimes and it really scares me.

12. asoulwalker says:

The full-body motions are awesome.

13. Anna says:

My boyfriend nearly killed us both in his car today. I was both terrified and amused. That was probably the wrong response.

14. underwhelmer says:

Love the gritted teeth on the first frame. 🙂

15. alterlogos says:

Reblogged this on AlterLogos and commented:
    You’re a genius. 🙂

16. srihicks says:

If I’m not driving, I’m sleeping.
    And when I’m driving, my husband has an imaginary brake. My carpet on the passanger side is awfully folded in the funky way.