Internet Doctor

In my defense, I think I read enough Web MD to at least qualify me as a medical intern. I mean, probably.

This entry was posted in Human Interactions, Marriage, Observations and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Internet Doctor

1. eyeLaugh says:

Doctors just Google symptoms anyways…

2. My doctor actually recommended that I Google part of my treatment a couple of months ago. So glad I spent money on that office visit…

3. Before the internet, I was crazy about my mom’s giant flow-chart book of symptoms. You could start at headache and end up ANYWHERE! It was great fun. Like a choose-your-own-disease/excuse-to-stay-home-from-school book!

4. FredK says:

I learned most of my medical knowledge from ‘Quincy’ and ‘Diagnosis Murder’. So, inevitably, my symptoms for any ailment I had were caused by someone trying to murder me.

5. You’ve got funny feet, Rae. I don’t see that problem getting better any time soon. Sorry.

It’s much easier to diagnose based on WebMD criteria, and there is no waiting involved!

7. Anna says:

I love internet self-diagnosing. I’ve had so many headaches/tumours.

8. Self-diagnosing using Google search results always pointed me to cancer. So never again!

9. westonomy says:

Meh. Going to the doctor is overrated. Much more interesting to figure it out myself. Besides, I think my husband is getting some kinda kickback from our doc, he advises I go in for every little thing.

10. Jacob Spire says:

If you’re 2% doctor, then I’m 2% afraid of you.

11. anonymously says:

I want to be 100% doctor and since I’m a Biology major, I think I’m at least 45% already. But I do Google if I’m worried about myself having some kind of fatal disease (I have high level paranoia, yup yup, and OCD) and usually I get: severe depression, severe ADHD, severe OCD and cancer. I think cancer is the only physical illness I get.
    Oy ve 😛

12. Pingback: More Awards ☀ ღ ✌ ђคթթץ « MindBlur

13. Steve says:

This is great 🙂

14. One Mean MFA says:

Okay, when you’re a girl the internet/google/WebMD also suggests all symptoms mean you’re pregnant. #howtotellthehubs