Animation Domination?

I’ve been wanting to figure out how to create animation for some of my blog posts, and after ripping out half of my hair, I finally figured it out. This took me two nights and 12 frames to make and it lasts about five seconds, so, uh, enjoy it. It will probably be the longest animation I will ever make.

Now I just noticed one of my hands seems to be missing in one of the frames. Crap.

Also, I changed my blog settings to only show a preview on feeds because I’m a selfish bastard. Sorry! But hey, now you can see what changes I make on the site every couple of months or something!

This entry was posted in Human Interactions, Nerd Things and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Animation Domination?

1. Photoshop > Window > Animation – it changes the program so that each layer or group of layers can be a frame – maybe you’ve been using it already
    x looking good though

Oh, thanks! I’ll have to check that out. I use Photoshop Essentials so I wasn’t sure what abilities it has, but it’d be nice to be able to use one program. I used GIMP to create the animation, which was actually really easy once I figured out everything that I was doing wrong.

2. Wow! This is awesome. 🙂 Good job… And hey, your hand comes back, so its not all bad.

3. Looks great! I’m in awe of people who actually *do* this kind of stuff…posting photos is just about my limit.
    How does work feel about you showing up with half a head of hair?

4. Fabulous! Worth the time!

5. Love it! Looking forward to seeing what you can do now! No pressure. Well, maybe a little.

6. I can feel the loooovvvveee! It’s a bit early for Valentine’s Day but I prefer it this way anyway.

7. Yeah…. it sort of takes forever. It’ll get easier, though! I’ve been watching it for a really long time because my toddler saw me watching. “No… go back up! I want to look at the beautiful lady! Aww, she waving at me! Aw, she blow me kisses! Aww, she really loves me!… or her daddy.”

Yay! Maybe I should make children’s cartoons. It’ll probably be good for my ego since their expectations are usually lower than a 30-year-old programmer or something. And thanks again, I couldn’t have done it without you!

8. Jacob Spire says:

It’s aliiiiiiiive! Bwahahahaha!!!

Nice work! I actually found the whole forgetting business extremely funny. Did you do it on purpose?

9. Now this is leveling up! 😀

10. Looks awesome! I now have even higher expectations every time I come to your page.

You brought this on yourself.

11. kikidubb says:

You did great! 😀

12. amira says:

that’s a lovely animation 🙂
    I hope you create more … the next one will take less time I suppose 😀

13. kotton says:

Wow I made it possible for 4 unicorns to be born this week yay go me. Love the animation.

14. Laura Watson says:

Whenever I need something to cheer me up, your blog always manages to do it! You are surely destined for bigger and better things.

15. devth says:

Reblogged this on Cangkir Kosong and commented:
    cool…

16. Janet says:

Great work. It was worth the time you spent. I’m sure next time (and you know there will be a next time) it will go faster.

17. Really liking your cartoons! And as someone else said, in awe of someone who can do stuff beyond posting pictures!!