Spousal “Abuse”

On most nights, the Husband gets in bed before me. It’s only a few minutes until I hear him yell my name from the bedroom. This is because he’s just read my newest blog post and he thinks I don’t portray him accurately. Actually, there’s a pretty good chance that he’s yelling at me right now as you read this. He does steal the covers though.

This entry was posted in Marriage and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Spousal “Abuse”

1. amira says:

i like the apple πŸ™‚

2. i get this too.
    All that power… πŸ™‚

3. Haha, I’ve gotten this a few times. The weirdo πŸ˜‰

4. Tell him to take you on a fabulous vacation to conduct research on non-spousal blog-fodder

5. Paula Turner says:

I have decided that a snoring spouse is what they mean when they say “irreconcilable differences” in divorce papers. Really, it can truly drive one insane. I would prefer someone wrote about me in a blog. It shows how much you love and think about him.

6. Is it because he’s actually a pentagon and not a triangle?

7. booksnob says:

I love the completely distraught look on his face in the last frame.

8. I had to make a “solemn vow” before my first post was published to not include loved ones. So far, so good.

9. Anne Schilde says:

It’s gonna be awhile before I stop hearing, “You say some messed up shit to me sometimes.” πŸ™‚

10. Anna says:

I tend to leave my spouse out of my stories, or if I do leave him in, I tend to turn him into a llama or some kind of kitchen implement so he doesn’t realise.

Oh, that’s a good idea! And he doesn’t usually read the comments, so he’ll never suspect a thing when in my next post I have a conversation with a spatula!

11. My husband has sworn not to look at my blog. So I shove my laptop in his face occasionally. He thinks that lack of attention means I will get bored and write about something else. He does not realize dog psychology does not work on me.

12. no spouse so I’ve started a blog about THE ANCIENT ONES (my folks, who (whom?) I live with). mom traded in her laptop for a vacuum and dad only goes to msn news sites, so I’m pretty safe.

13. 7theaven says:

Lol it was hilarious reading the post and comments πŸ˜›

14. Zaidamej says:

Haha I’m sure he’s flattered.

15. Pingback: Cartoons and Dip « boldwandering

16. Heather says:

This is hilarious. And familiar. “I don’t want to be on your blog!” That’s my husbands redundant chant. Too bad I don’t listen.