Remembering the Time

Sometimes I even forget if I asked the question, so I usually consider it a step up if I only forgot the answer.

This entry was posted in Human Interactions, Marriage and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Remembering the Time

1. Jacob Spire says:

How true!
    I often do this to myself; I look at my watch to see what time it is, but three seconds later I realize I have no clue what I saw.

2. I hate it when that happens! Or when I go into a certain room in the house and by the time I get there I forgot what I wanted there. I’m not THAT old! Or am I?

3. knotrune says:

Yup, been there, done that! (Not proud of it either…) 🙂

4. Narky says:

Are you actually me? It’s just embarrassing when my husband stares incredulously at me.

5. Nadia says:

Haha! I do that, too! I ask a question, people answer and I just stare at them wondering why they’d say such a thing all of a sudden without them being asked.

6. I do that with people’s names. It’s very embarrassing!

7. I usually forget I asked, too. And ask it twice more. Maybe if he acted the answer through interpretive dance, I would remember. I blame him.

I’m so glad I’m not alone. Obviously, the “remembering you’ve already asked that” gene is attached to the “hilariously funny” one. Because you certainly have the HF gene. And I’m pretty sure it’s contagious!

I love your blog!

9. Rob Rubin says:

Ha ha. Love it. I just shared this one on my Facebook page which really says something because I usually only bother people with my own posts. You have reached elite status!

10. I like how he checks the time on a phone rather than a watch. Sadly not many people wear watches anymore, a nice piece of jewelry that is fading away. Oh well… I admit it, I don’t wear one either. As far as forgetting the time… that’s brain overload. We’ve all got too much to remember and too much stimulus these days. But it does make you feel sometimes like you’re losing it!!

11. booksnob says:

Man, I had a clever response ready to go, but by the time I read the rest of the comments, I’d already forgotten what it was. Ooops!

12. keatslover says:

This is uncannily familiar!!

13. Vilipend says:

Hahah great post. I love the random angry face before asking the question again.

14. I love this as it’s practically my life! I do this all the time, good to know it’s not just me!

15. Jamie Pope says:

Isn’t their time on the cable box? I don’t have clocks in my house for that very reason.

Actually, that’s a joke at my house because the cable box only shows what channel the TV is on, not the time. So people see “752” on the cable box and think that’s the time, but it’s actually just the channel.

16. bonzoWhale says:

I am always looking at my watch and forget to check the time. And since sporty watches are somehow impossible to make with a resistant strap, they always break and even in those periods of time when I had no watch, I would go through the trouble of taking my cellphone out of my pocket, and again, not actually looking at the time, making it even more embarrassing and quite possibly deriving in me having to pretend I just got a call.

Now I have a real man-watch, so I’m hoping the strap will last longer. However, since this one is analog, I have to check even more times because I’m not sure I read the hands right the first time, so I either read the time five times in a row, or just once but staring at the thing for too many awkward seconds.

17. My daughter used to drive me crazy with the question, “Where are we going?” every time we got in the car. I didn’t mind the question, but she would ask a dozen more times before we got there. It was maddening.

18. AnomalousThoughts says:

Isn’t being forgetful great? I remember one time whilst home from college. I had just finished eating and my mom asked me to unload the dishwasher. I proceeded to walk away and go play video games. My mom simply came in the room and gave me a very quizzical look. She then asked why I wasn’t unloading the dishwasher. I responded, “I didn’t know you wanted me to.” Yeah, I’m lucky if I remember my birthday. . .

19. I love this! My fiance deals with me doing stuff like this all the time!