Ship Dreams

On Tuesday night I worked forever on a post (two hours), and because I obviously remember nothing from college and the importance of saving every five seconds, my computer crashed and I lost it all.

I went through all the five stages of grief:

1. Denial (maybe it auto-saved somewhere?)
  2. Anger (I hate everything)
  3. Bargaining (please, please be auto-saved somewhere)
  4. Depression (I quit)
  5. Acceptance (maybe a mysterious benefactor will decide to buy me a new computer after hearing this very sad story)

Anyway, I redid the comic because it made me feel better about losing the first one (rebound post?), but now it has no relationship to this post. Ahem. So let’s start over.

***

Some people daydream of having a better job or more money, but my daydreams usually consist of living in a different time and being miraculously cured of my seasickness.

I’m not always on a tall ship though, sometimes I just ride around on horseback like a normal person.

This entry was posted in Nerd Things, Observations, Random Ideas and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Ship Dreams

1. LonBonBon says:

Haha! Your ship is very impressive… as are those tactfully placed mounds of foam 🙂

2. Ah, but there is a relation-ship.

3. I think the ship with you on it is your best drawing yet.

Wonderful, and I didn’t even get motion sickness!

5. Hahaha, I love the carefully placed bubbles! I am sorry about your previous post. My computer is old and cranky, too. And it doesn’t help that every time I get a new power cord, my stupid rabbit chomps on it.

6. That ship drawing is pretty sweet! We’ve probably all lost stuff that we’ve written before and it sucks but I can’t imagine spending that much time DRAWING something just to have it disappear in front of your eyes… UGH!

7. evandeasey says:

Reblogged this on evandeasey and commented:
    You wish your blog was as good as mine.

8. Very detailed ship!

9. sj says:

Ha! I agree with Nicole. The ship is awesome, but those bubbles are the best!

10. I love writing and reading about daydreams. I just wrote a post about how I daydream what I am going to write (especially fiction) but when I go to write it down it evaporates from my head and I can’t. To me, its way more frustrating than writers block but not quite as frustrating as losing something you actually did write down.

11. You’re so awesome.. I love your blog.

12. Did you manage to draw a ship that detailed with a mouse? Nicely done.

I, on the other hand, tend to have recurring dreams of my university degrees being revoked. Weird.

13. I am sorry for your lost post (and data)… happens to the best of us… *pat pat*

14. Anne Schilde says:

Took me way too long to figure out why there was a tag on your tub that said Dave… I who correctly identified the Bertie Bott’s flavor from childhood memory.

I really admire your sailing prowess! That is quite a large vessel for a one-triangle crew!

15. Supremely clever, as usual!

16. I’m a big fan of the way your hair blows in the wind on your dream ship.

17. Extremist says:

Can I just say… I love your cartoons. Do you use paint? I use that, but it’s too much of a hassle. Is there a better way?

Thanks! I use a drawing pad with Photoshop Elements, but you could defintely use Paint too. What makes it a lot easier is the drawing pad.

18. bonzoWhale says:

That’s why I blog directly on WordPress.com, cause it has autosave and I’ve seen this happen too many times. I am pretty sure that the best thing I have ever written was lost this way and my brain blocked it to cope with the loss. I keep trying things like hypnosis to see if I can remember, but so far I’ve only brought back memories of bullies and eating gross things as a child.

19. Reblogged this on Softballprincess12's Blog and commented:
    I hate when ur computer crashes u did a whole book and then u have to redo all of it and it did not auto save. :'(…….