Ship Dreams

On Tuesday night I worked forever on a post (two hours), and because I obviously remember nothing from college and the importance of saving every five seconds, my computer crashed and I lost it all.

I went through all the five stages of grief:

1. Denial (maybe it auto-saved somewhere?)
  2. Anger (I hate everything)
  3. Bargaining (please, please be auto-saved somewhere)
  4. Depression (I quit)
  5. Acceptance (maybe a mysterious benefactor will decide to buy me a new computer after hearing this very sad story)

Anyway, I redid the comic because it made me feel better about losing the first one (rebound post?), but now it has no relationship to this post. Ahem. So let’s start over.

Some people daydream of having a better job or more money, but my daydreams usually consist of living in a different time and being miraculously cured of my seasickness.

I’m not always on a tall ship though, sometimes I just ride around on horseback like a normal person.

This entry was posted in Nerd Things, Observations, Random Ideas and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Ship Dreams

1. LonBonBon says:

Haha! Your ship is very impressive… as are those tactfully placed mounds of foam 🙂

2. Ah, but there is a relation-ship.

3. I think the ship with you on it is your best drawing yet.

Wonderful, and I didn’t even get motion sickness!

5. Hahaha, I love the carefully placed bubbles! I am sorry about your previous post. My computer is old and cranky, too. And it doesn’t help that every time I get a new power cord, my stupid rabbit chomps on it.

6. That ship drawing is pretty sweet! We’ve probably all lost stuff that we’ve written before and it sucks but I can’t imagine spending that much time DRAWING something just to have it disappear in front of your eyes… UGH!

7. evandeasey says:

Reblogged this on evandeasey and commented:
    You wish your blog was as good as mine.

8. Connie B. Dowell says:

Very detailed ship!

9. sj says:

Ha! I agree with Nicole. The ship is awesome, but those bubbles are the best!

10. I love writing and reading about daydreams. I just wrote a post about how I daydream what I am going to write (especially fiction) but when I go to write it down it evaporates from my head and I can’t. To me, its way more frustrating than writers block but not quite as frustrating as losing something you actually did write down.

11. You’re so awesome.. I love your blog.

12. Did you manage to draw a ship that detailed with a mouse? Nicely done.

I, on the other hand, tend to have recurring dreams of my university degrees being revoked. Weird.

13. I am sorry for your lost post (and data)… happens to the best of us… *pat pat*

14. Anne Schilde says:

Took me way too long to figure out why there was a tag on your tub that said Dave… I who correctly identified the Bertie Bott’s flavor from childhood memory.

I really admire your sailing prowess! That is quite a large vessel for a one-triangle crew!

15. Supremely clever, as usual!

16. I’m a big fan of the way your hair blows in the wind on your dream ship.

17. Extremist says:

Can I just say… I love your cartoons. Do you use paint? I use that, but it’s too much of a hassle. Is there a better way?

Thanks! I use a drawing pad with Photoshop Elements, but you could defintely use Paint too. What makes it a lot easier is the drawing pad.

18. bonzoWhale says:

That’s why I blog directly on, cause it has autosave and I’ve seen this happen too many times. I am pretty sure that the best thing I have ever written was lost this way and my brain blocked it to cope with the loss. I keep trying things like hypnosis to see if I can remember, but so far I’ve only brought back memories of bullies and eating gross things as a child.

19. Reblogged this on Softballprincess12's Blog and commented:
    I hate when ur computer crashes u did a whole book and then u have to redo all of it and it did not auto save. :'(…….