Black(berry) Holes

*Based on a true story.

This entry was posted in Nerd Things and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Black(berry) Holes

1. I HATE when that happens!

2. Jacob Spire says:

“Could’ve sworn I’d end up with a unicorn.”

3. Smaktakula says:

You don’t know how lucky you are. Had those been gooseberries rather than blackberries, we wouldn’t even be having this conversation!

4. My cousin once met her elderly self while playing the violin after eating watermelon.

5. Anna says:

This is the kind of thing the news just doesn’t show enough of. Forget the terrorists, it’s berries we need to be watching out for. Look at them sat there, all juicy and innocent. Who knows what terrible events they are planning? Who knows?!

6. Russ Nickel says:

You need to tell the scientists at CERN about this. They wouldn’t have to waste so much money on particle accelerators!

7. asoulwalker says:

Where is the painful high-five button? I want to press it.

8. Synesthesia is a very individualized experience (even though there are some common associations). So maybe for you blackberries are associated with a loud sucking sound.

Also… did you get squished into a singularity or did you pop out of a wormhole on the other side?

A study just came out that actually showed most people agreed on the relationship between different sounds and smells (here’s an article on it if you’re interested: http://www.economist.com/node/21545975).

Loud sucking sound? Have you heard me play? I didn’t think I was that bad, haha.

Not sure about my fate yet, maybe I’ll have to make a part two!

• Thanks. I didn’t know that about sound/smell synesthesia. I’m a color-grapheme synesthete. while there are a few common associations for my type (virtually every color-grapheme synesthete associates the letter “a” with red) for the most part it varies widely between individuals.
        As for the loud sucking sound, I meant it as the black hole, honestly! 🙂 Though, of course, space being a vacuum, it should have no sound at all.

Sound/smell isn’t exactly synesthesia (not sure if they’re going to expand the definition or come up with a new word), but I think it’s close enough in relation that that’s what they’re calling it. And SURE you meant the black hole. 😉

9. Anne Schilde says:

I tried this and now my mind associates certain piano notes with the color purple. Is that a form of synesthesia?

10. E.V. Brennan says:

Hahaha XD I love this! I have synesthesia, but have never heard of the link between blackberries and pianos.