A Quest to Texas

This week will be light on posts because I’m traveling to Texas for the first time. If you don’t already, you can follow me on Twitter to hear about any shenanigans I get up to. Is the myth of Texas BBQ real? Will the alcohol really be bigger in Texas? Can I find a pet armadillo that doesn’t carry leprosy? There’s only one way to find out.

This entry was posted in Human Interactions, Nerd Things, Observations and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to A Quest to Texas

1. Russ Nickel says:

I just went there for the first time a couple months ago. It was awesome! I didn’t know that tequila could actually be good!

2. historyromp says:

Nice horse… are you sure you don’t draw these on photoshop??

3. Yes. BBQ is real…eat plenty – you’ll never taste its like outside of Texas.
    Good luck on the armadillo. For the record, they are NOT born pancake-shaped, although that is the way you are most likely to see them.

4. Rob Rubin says:

The only thing bigger in Texas are the bellies of wannabe cowboys and condom superstores.

5. Angeline M says:

I’m originally from San Antonio….the BBQ is fabulous in Texas….and don’t miss the Tex/Mex food along with a large Texas Martini (Margarita) 🙂

6. asoulwalker says:

That horse is amazing.

7. Great drawing. Hope you have fun here in Texas!

8. Earl says:

I want that hat.

9. Hee Hee! Enjoy Texas! And yes the BBQ is awesome! Also try a REAL steak! I recently travled to Santa Fe NM and was agast at the minimal amount of Steak places… or even real beef for that matter! LOL
    If you head to Amarillo area, let me know! I can reccomend some nice “fun” places! And you MUST check out the Palo Duro Canyon!
    Safe travels, Friend!

10. kflores18 says:

Im from Texas, and I must I loove how everyone stereotypes us as cowboys and cowgirls and we’re all country, and it is partly true 😀