Gifts for a Mother

To my mom, who never hesitated to accept my repurposed vandalized gifts. Happy Mother’s Day!

This entry was posted in Childhood Things and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Gifts for a Mother

1. Russ Nickel says:

If only I could vandalize from a great distance! But I’ll probably have to just send a card or something.

2. iimpp says:

It’s almost my mother’s birthday. Thanks for the idea! 😀

3. I love that expression, “repurposed vandalized gifts”!

4. Awwww! Thanks for the reminder and the warning. I need to lock up all my Harry Potter action figures.

Just FYI, when I clicked on the email link, I got a “page not found” message. Just wanted to let you know in case it impacts your stats for the day.

Oh, it’s might be because I accidentally hit publish before it was ready and then I took it down and scheduled it. I think it works now, thanks for the heads up!

5. Ha! My 3 year old made me a card and put stickers all over it. She showed it to me, very proudly. She even said, “I am very proud!” When I reached out to take it from her she shouted, “But wait!!” And then she tore off all the stickers, stuck them to herself, and ran off, leaving me with a ripped up pink card that said MOM. (I still love it.)

6. sj says:

Gah, little Rae with the purple bow is just too cute.

7. gojulesgo says:

Tee hee this was so cute!

8. mycraftcave says:

so cute. repurposed vandalized gifts are “the best”!!!

Wonderful. I miss those days of weird gifts that I’ll always treasure.

10. Diana says:

I agree. :'(. they’re the best.

11. ezekelalan says:

You have such a gift for capturing the important things in life in such a remarkably simple way. Thanks for the reminder by the way 🙂

12. Anna says:

Aw, how sweet! Vandalised gifts are always the best kind of gifts.

13. wetrat says:

I love that mom at the end does look happy with the gift. I think that’s how it is for most mothers.