I Swear, I’m Alive

Can we pretend that I’ve been faithfully updating my blog for the last few days? I do have a few posts brewing in my head right now, I just haven’t had time to sit down and draw them, but I swear, they look really promising in my head, although sometimes my brain’s creations intimidate me though.

Me: Brain, I don’t think I can do this.

Brain: Do it, you frustrating mortal!

Me: But you haven’t equipped me with the necessary skills!

Brain: YOU WILL FOREVER DISAPPOINT ME!

Then I’m sad.

I’ve also been occupied with house-hunting, which has been intense. Every time I talk to my mortgage guy he’s like, “The rates, they’re going up, you’re losing every opportunity!” And then I frantically email my real estate agent new listings to put offers on and start panicking when she takes more than two hours to email me back. That poor lady.

I do enjoy parts of house-hunting though since I enjoy walking through other people’s homes. Sometimes I look up apartments with pictures on Craig’s List just for the heck of it. In another life, I was probably a stalker, but, you know, a stalker with taste because I only like walking through pretty homes.

This entry was posted in Human Interactions and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to I Swear, I’m Alive

1. sj says:

Right? Who wants to walk through ugly homes?

Good luck with the house hunting. I too love looking at houses — it’s just when you have to make the decision that it gets so scary! We’ll be here when you are around. Guilt is totally unnecessary.

3. I liked house hunting when there was no pressure and no hurry. The interest rate isn’t going to go too crazy in the next six months, so don’t get too panicked!

4. Sarah Romero says:

Story of my life! The first part, not the house-hunting or stalker part… at least I don’t think.

5. josefkul says:

I agree those rates can rise on a moments notice. Our real estate agent kept referencing the situations with Greece and other countries overseas with respect to the market back home. I soon became an international stalker who had to worry about not only local issues, but also every single issue worldwide. What was my mortgage guy thinking!? Making me care about every single worldwide problem and how it relates to my personal issues back home is practically unAmerican! Doesn’t he understand that I only narcissistically care about the issues directly effecting me back home (see: anything oil). My mortgage guy must be a commie. Now where the hell are my freedom fries. Daddy is hungry for America!

6. speaker7 says:

As a recent house-seller-buyer person, I can say that looking for a house sucks balls. Try to get a house that has a nice kitchen and bathroom(s) because they are crazy-expensive to upgrade.

Yeah, it sucks because the houses here are all so expensive. We did just find a house that needs work, but the kitchen and bathroom have already been updated, so I think we can probably handle fixing up the other rooms. Now I just need someone to take one of our below asking offers!

7. I think it’s very funny that, when I first loaded your post, the ad underneath was for “Alzheimer’s: Get Inside Your Brain.”

8. I will pretend to oversee your few days if you agree to overlook my MONTHS between post. I’m really bad at that.

9. janineyork says:

I can’t wait to see what your brain kicks out for us. This was a hilarious scenario too, I talk to myself all of the time, and I intimidate myself as well. “You will forever disappoint me” haha. Great stuff! 🙂

10. Anne Schilde says:

Vodka can quickly defeat the most intimidating brain.

11. Kim says:

I’ve been semi-ignoring my blog too… Must be the time of year. 😦

12. Renting or buying, trying to find a home is all consuming and can disrupt anybody’s life. You’ll get back on track when that gets sorted.

13. house hunting is so unbearable. it always feels like an endless 3d slideshow of dissapointment

14. pishnguyen says:

Good luck with your house hunt. It can be a frustrating and frightening experience, but I hope you find the perfect place really soon.

I’m certain your post ideas will be very funny. Your brain is wise. ^.~

15. trippybeth says:

I love that the interwebs have opened up people’s houses for us to look at!! Sometimes when I’m bored I’ll look at houses near me, or just random houses. I can’t understand why people don’t make up their beds or straighten up a little bit before the photos are taken!

Seriously! Some of the pictures I see for houses the rooms are just wrecked! I mean, I’ll admit I don’t make my bed everyday, but pretty sure I would before I *photographed* it!