How to Say Goodbye

Balloon 3

Balloon 4

Balloon 6

Balloon 7

Balloon 8

Balloon 9

In memory of my friend Laura, who loved the color purple and passed away after a two-week battle with cancer. I won’t forget.

This entry was posted in Human Interactions and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to How to Say Goodbye

1. I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs, friend.

2. I’m sorry for your loss. This is beautiful and so very touching in it’s simplicity.

3. ksbeth says:

this is such a wonderful tribute to a person you care about deeply. i’m sorry for your loss – beth

4. margo vonk says:

Beautiful memory for your friend.

5. Perfect tribute, Rae… We’ll be thinking about your family and hers.

6. Honie Briggs says:

This touched my heart. My heartfelt sympathy, Rae. You won’t forget. I know.

A beautiful send off for your friend. Sending my sympathies up there too.

8. So beautiful a tribute! I’m so sorry for your and her family’s loss.

9. Verónica says:

So sorry. Lovely tribute.

10. tokyohamster says:

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. Beautiful way to remember her~

11. I’m very sorry for your loss. This is a very touching tribute to your friend.

12. Rae says:

Thanks, everyone. Honestly, it’s been a rough past few days but it’s always nice to have the support of friends.

13. So sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute.

14. White Pearl says:

So sorry to hear that….. But she was lucky…She has you who is saying her good bye in such a sweet way and would remember her forever 🙂

15. Soul Walker says:

This is beautiful. Rest in peace Laura.

16. mariavlong says:

please accept my condolences.

17. Like everyone, sorry for your loss… I wish you and her family and other friends all the best, and much strength.

18. puzzle says:

a lovely way to say goodbye.
    – feeling with you.

19. That’s really touching. I’m sorry for your loss.

20. Eric R says:

Deeply sorry for your loss, right in this moment I am listening “In the dust”, very nice drawing of yours, great way to say goodbye.

21. lindigo says:

Made me tear up and I don’t even know the people involved….Beautiful.

22. Kara d. says:

We released purple balloons for my Aunty when she passed of cancer as well. It was her favourite colour too. You have me smiling with fond memories of her, hopefully your time to smile with your own memories of your friend come soon.

23. rwyckoff says:

I am sorry to for your loss. Life is so short, so brief; no matter how long, not long enough….

24. Hope you’re doing okay.

25. Michelle says:

Oh, I’m so sorry for you and for Laura’s family.

26. I’m sorry for your loss. This post is a beautiful way to honour Laura.

27. I’m so sorry for your loss. This tribute brought tears to my eyes; so beautiful and poignant. Your friend would be honored. Thank you for sharing.

28. loucyo says:

This is one of those situations where it’s hard to know what to say. I do remember I commented in one of your other posts wishing the best for your friend. I do understand how losing someone dear feels like, but if you and Laura were as close as you appeared to be, she wouldn’t want you to stay sad for long. My condolences to you.

29. ibclef says:

Reblogged this on Yue's Absurd Diary.

30. JaneSirius says:

How touching. I’m sorry for your loss. take heart

31. Sorry for you rloss. Yes Cancer Sucks! I know….

32. What a beautiful farewell. You are such a talented and sensitive artist. Beautiful blog.

33. Pingback: How to Say Goodbye | stopyourstoryisntoveryet