Things that have happened recently:
- We are in FINALLY in escrow for a short sale house we’ve been waiting for the bank to approve for five months, which didn’t make me anxious at all.
- Thought things were going well.
- They weren’t.
- Had to switch lenders halfway through escrow.
- Things got stressful.
- Things got more stressful.
- We have to move out of the house we’re living in next week and we have not closed.
- WE HAVE NOT CLOSED!
- I’m beginning to see why cash is favored in the real estate business.
- I suck at winning the lottery.
- I will probably die in this house because I don’t think I’ll be able to go through this ever again.
- Of course, I’m assuming I’ll actually be able to move into said house. Eventually.
- I’ve been having especially interesting dreams in the last few weeks. I think this is my brain’s way of taking pity on me.
- I’m trying to prepare myself to be house poor. This has basically amounted to me thinking, “I should buy things now while I still have money!”
- I’ve been advised this is a terrible strategy. I still spend a few dollars on the lottery every few weeks though because maybe one day I’ll stop being terrible at winning.
- I’ve heard winning is nice. Like having fresh-baked bread constantly available. And carbs don’t count.
- I hate odd numbers.
- I’ve decided to try to start drawing more, with actual pencils and everything. I did a quick 30-minute sketch of my cat during my lunch today (I blame the poor quality on my #2 pencil – classic for Scantrons, but terrible for real life). Her forehead isn’t actually that big. She’s going to kill me when I get home.