Making Sense of the World

I didn’t finish my drawings in time to get it up this week, so I’ll leave you with this picture instead.

I came home the other night after work and found this. Apparently my puppy has OCD.

photo

I guess the world can seem overwhelming even for a dog, but at least you can always organize your little corner of it.

This entry was posted in Observations, Puppies and Dogs and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Making Sense of the World

That’s hilarious! And now I see why you, too, have been posting less frequently than before. My puppy, Duncan, is keeping me very busy. But sadly, he doesn’t organize his toys!

She is a surprising handful! I swear, every time I sit down to work on my blog she’s like, “Oh, we’re going outside now, right?”

• Elyse says:

YES!!! Duncan is actually OK if I’m working (I work from home sometimes) but he can tell when I’m playing. And we are not allowed to relax on the couch. Nope. Not until he is very old …

She’s turning one next month, so I think we have awhile before she settles down too… my favorite is when I’m calmly working and she looks like she’s sleeping and then suddenly she “attacks” me like she hasn’t seen me in months.

• Elyse says:

They keep you on your toes (or flat on your back … or face when they drag you). Duncan is 5 months. We have a long way to go, too. But I wouldn’t be without him.

I know, they become so quickly apart of your world! Whenever we plan something, I always want to finagle it so I can bring her, haha.

Duncan is super adorable, btw. He looks like a little cattle dog, just like mine, they would probably have a blast together.

• Elyse says:

They would — he’s an Australian shepherd (hence the color) mixed with a springer spaniel and probably some other stuff!

Oh they would have a blast. He’s been sick so he hasn’t been able to play (bad dog food, we now think) but he will be off to school soon.

Poor guy! Hope he recovers quickly. We actually had a lot of stomach problems with our girl when we got her. Turns out she had giardia (super common with shelter dogs, I guess) and it took months to successfully treat, but she’s better now.

• Elyse says:

Actually, he had that and was treated. We’ll find out tomorrow if he’s over it. When we started him back on dog food he got very sick again. He’s been a chicken and rice dog for much of the time we’ve had him. And yup , he is a rescue, too.

Same thing happened to us! They gave us a liquid medicine first, we finished it, and moved her back over to her regular food and she got sick again. Had her retested and she still had it. They switched her to a pill and that finally did the trick. It was a pain to get rid of. Wish they had given us the pill the first time around.

• Elyse says:

He seems to be ok, so I am hopeful. He had been doing fine on dogfood until I finished off one bag and opened another (same brand, same stuff). Then he started throwing up AND having diarrhea. Ah, yes, the glamorous life of a dog mom … We start with real food tomorrow (but maybe I’ll just wait for the results)

You will be my go-to girl with questions about this!

The good news is at least it’s treatable, hope he gets better! Yeah, we’ll have to share our cattle dog training tips! Luckily, she never does the heel nipping, but she does try and herd the cats, which they aren’t too terribly thrilled with…

• Elyse says:

You guessed it. Another round of drugs. Sigh.

2. That dog should give a training seminar to male college freshmen.

3. Ha! Animals! Too funny. I have a picture somewhere of one of our cats who LITERALLY built himself a fort from clothes he dug out of the hamper.
    And its not just domesticated ones. I feel the stray cats, but sometimes, the only critters that come to eat are skunks. We set out meow mix, which has three color of kibble; brown, yellow, and orange. The skunks do not like the brown kibble pieces. There’s a pile of them next to the otherwise empty bowl.
    Hee hee.

4. Can you dog come train my oldest? I’ll pay!!!

5. Several years ago, Mr. Sandwich tore up some stale tortillas and threw them in the back yard for the birds. He forgot we owned a dog.

Wicket found them, and hid them in various places. She kept several on the towel we had put on the floor for her to sit on, since she had temporarily been evicted from the couch when Baguette was born. Every day or so, she would nudge them into slightly different positions, as if she were curating an exhibit.

6. I like your puppy more all the time!

7. janeturns39 says:

Reblogged this on JANETURNS39 and commented:
    I love dogs, but this one especially. And we’ve never even been introduced.

8. That’s too funny for words. Would he like some outside jobs helping some humans be better organized?

9. Michelle says:

Awesome, haha. My dog used to line his toys up too, but not in size order. Your puppy must be advanced!

10. I wish I could train my husband to be that organized. Maybe I should get a puppy and get rid of him. 😉

11. lenna-jennie says:

lol this is amazing. if only my dogs would have been half as organized….