Random Texts to My Husband

I had a Christmas blog post all planned out and then never got time to do it because I have this weird and rare problem where I always save things for the last minute. I also have a New Year’s post, which I think I might still do. (None of my resolutions include being a better blogger, clearly.)

I have felt some guilt about not posting more regularly though, so I thought to myself, What can I post that might be funny but requires very little creative effort from me? Then it came to me! (I’m over-reaching on the excitement this post deserves, but let’s just go with it.)

Presenting, random text messages to my husband! (With no context, just like he normally gets.)

text 1

text 3

text 2

text 5

text 4

text 6

That was easy. Maybe I’ll make this a regular thing! (This is when you chime in and say how much you enjoyed it.) And I didn’t even come close to using all my material. I could do a whole post just on my observations at the dog park.

This entry was posted in Human Interactions, Marriage and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Random Texts to My Husband

1. weebluebirdie says:

Glad it wasn’t just me running late with festive messages!

2. ruthrawls says:

I only just bought my Christmas cards yesterday.

3. Eda says:

Uh…you might avoid the dog park post. Just a friendly suggestion.

4. Hysterical! I’d love to read more. I will use any distraction to not get my posting done. 😉

Liked by 1 person

5. Is there a reason you’re trying to get the dog desensitized to children? IS THERE?

Haha, no particular reason except to try and stop getting dirty looks from mothers. I swear she’s not aggressive, she’s just scared of children… and she expresses this fear by barking and occasionally growling. She’s fine once she’s properly introduced but… it does give a bad impression.

6. Don’t know who you are but, I am at work cracking up at your “random texts to my husband”
    too funny! I have decided to start blogging since I don’t have people to talk to in the real world.
    Thanks for lighting up my work desk.

7. graynoted says:

That was great! Less effort seems to hit the mark…cheers for a effortless 2015

Liked by 1 person

8. Outlier Babe says:

Hope you sent on that Target text to their Marketing department. I predict viral campaign (SWIDT?) bigger than Alex.

Liked by 1 person

9. jwicks123 says:

So glad I am not the only person that hopes I make just one laugh. Love this blog. Be yourself, and put it off. What’s the harm?

Liked by 1 person

10. itsa50thing says:

This was a real text between my husband and myself a couple of years ago :

Him: Hey, did you just text me?
    Me: Yeah, I was asking if you were on your way home?
    Him: Oh, okay. I didn’t have my glasses on, so I didn’t think that’s what it said.
    Me: Well I didn’t have my glasses on either so there’s a good possibility that isn’t what it said!

😉