Dog Realities

Dog Realities

At least she’s cute enough to make up for most of it. (Like at least 90% of it. At least.)

FullSizeRender

This entry was posted in Puppies and Dogs and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Dog Realities

1. puzzleblume says:

So it is!
    I like her spottet leg, does she use this, when giving paw?

2. Point 2 of the realities is the truest thing I’ve ever seen put to writing.

Liked by 1 person

3. She is crazy-cute! I love your dog! Can I have her ears?

Liked by 1 person

4. This cracked me up! We have four dogs and made the exact same before-and-after transitions in each case!

Liked by 1 person

5. And one thing you didn’t add in your “good” column is that you have a new best friend — with the worst breath in the world! LOL 🙂

Liked by 2 people

She is adorable. And so is my doggie demon. They say women forget the pain of childbirth or they would never have more children. I think dog lovers forget the pain of puppyhood or we would never have another!

Liked by 1 person

7. lissameloli says:

Reblogged this on mel writes oxymelons.

8. 7. Poop eating.
    I never even knew this was a thing until we got our second dog, but if you made the slightest move to pick up one of her turds, she would wolf it down like you were trying to rob her of her most precious possession. Lavender-scented poo bags (regrettably) not required.

9. Reality never quite matches what we think will happen. You’re right though…cute as a button.

10. sinroze says:

Funny. If it wouldn’t be for all the noted reasons…having a dog would be spectacular…just not the noise/poop/vomit/needing to be home on time or needing to go on vacation and what to do with the dog issue. So I live for the days I visit my sister who has a newfy/lab.

Is your dog actually laying in the bed? or half in?

In that picture she’s rolling around and stretching in it. All the reasons you mentioned is why I delayed getting a dog for so long, and even though she’s still a pain sometimes, I really love how she’s changed my lifestyle too.

11. ginaawesome says:

Your dog is absolutely adorable. I wish I had a dog, well less now that I saw your post.

Liked by 1 person

Thanks! I should probably go over some of the positives too.
      1. Trained her to kiss my neck (ew, dog mouth kisses).
      2. She forces me to enjoy nature and hikes.
      3. She adorably gallops like a fawn when she’s outside and excited, which is always.
      4. She cries with joy when she sees you, whether it’s been 5 minutes or 6 hours, which is really great for your self-esteem.
      5. If you have a spouse, you can passively force them to deal with 90% of the poops, so less poop for you to deal with. This may also work with roommates, but they aren’t legally obligated to continue to like you like a spouse is.

12. Reblogged this on Mister Baloney Head and commented:
    Add to this: Chooses to poop in a neighbor’s flowerbed at the exact moment they walk outside to see it.

13. Hello Ms. Rae,

I found this post through Mr. Baloney Head’s re-blog.

My People also use the lavender-scented, green compostable poop bags. I am not convinced that they actually smell like lavender–they seem to have their own unique “lavender poop-bag” odor.

I used to protect my People from children when I was first adopted, but then they started giving me really special treats (cheese) every time I saw a child, so I stopped barking at them. But I still have to protect my people from skateboards, motorcycles, rollerbladers, street sweepers, horses, Rottweilers, and that one German Shepherd Dog in the neighborhood.

Your dog is very pretty. I don’t think I would bark at her. Nice to meet you both.

Yours,
    Albert the Dog

14. April R says:

Currently in the “convince husband to let me get dog” stage of my plan.
    it’s slow going.
    I will get there one day.

Liked by 1 person

I was in that stage for a month or two and then I just told him, “Hey, look at the puppy I picked our for us! We’re picking her up this weekend!” Then he rolled his eyes and shook his head but I did get a puppy.

Liked by 1 person