Every Time You’re Sick Ever

weight 1 weight 2 weight 3 weight 4

This entry was posted in Human Interactions, Observations, Work Life and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Every Time You’re Sick Ever

1. Reblogged this on tribeprosocialsharing and commented:
    simple but amazing..COOL!!!

Liked by 1 person

2. weebluebirdie says:

Love this. Last time I lost a lot of weight was due to bad sickness; this was before I had twigged I had morning sickness…. Soon piled it back on, funnily enough

Liked by 3 people

3. Outlier Babe says:

Now, now. Can you blame them? They would swallow a pill to make themselves sick as could be if it would lead to dramatic weight loss.

Hey. Thanks to your post, I just got a new weight-loss pill idea that should appeal to anorexics and bulimics both: A pill designed to look like a standard capsule–a trifle on the large side. You swallow it. But it has a little nylon string attached. You reel it up again, and swallow it again. The directions say to do this fifty times before each meal.

I know that would put a damper on my appetite. How ’bout yours?

We could call it The “See You Later” Regurgitator.

What do you think?

Liked by 1 person

4. Last time I had a significant weight loss, I couldn’t eat due to stress–my mother had been diagnosed with inoperable liver cancer. And people were all, “But you’re losing weight!” Never mind that at the time I felt that my previous (height-appropriate) weight had been just fine, and that I now couldn’t wear clothes I liked because they were too loose, and that I was acutely aware that this was NOT a healthy way to lose weight. So irritating.

Liked by 1 person

5. I don’t know why people think “You look so thin” is a compliment in every circumstance.

Liked by 2 people

6. Tyra (Random Acts of Snark) says:

Reblogged this on Random Acts of Snark and commented:
    I can’t even laugh because it’s true

Liked by 1 person

7. Ugh. I have an entirely different experience altogether.
    I’m stick thin, so, when I get ill, and can’t eat, I have hoards of people saying “OMG, eat something….you look awful.”

Thanks, asshole. I’ll try to eat something so I’ll be more aesthetically appealing to YOU once I get over the flu.

*RAGE PUNCH!*

Liked by 2 people

8. Go Jules Go says:

This exact conversation happened to me after I had pneumonia (and lost 20 lbs in 3 weeks). Luckily, the woman who paid the “compliment” looked mortified when I explained, so that was fun.

Liked by 2 people

9. Peas and Cougars breaking the fourth wall, baby!

Nicely done. And don’t mind my baby. I say it to everyone … and it annoys everyone.

Liked by 1 person

10. I have somehow managed to stop attracting illnesses that make me lose weight. Not going to lie, I kind of miss the skinny comments.

What I get now:

“You poor thing, you still look awful. You should go home.”
    “Oh no, I’m perfectly fine now.”
    “…are you sure?”

Liked by 1 person

11. Peas and cougars is my new favourite blog title. If you ever mothball this blog I might steal it 😉

Liked by 1 person

12. Bubbles says:

Very funny. Love your blog always cheers me up.
    Bubbles x
    ( 13teens.wordpress.com)

13. wvlemon says:

Reblogged this on tidbitsoftopics and commented:
    Unfortunately, when I am sick, I don’t really lose weight.

Liked by 1 person

14. janndaquigan says:

LOL I just had a similar conversation 2 days ago. I was sick dammit. It’s not a compliment. haha. I love your blog. Funny stuff.

Liked by 1 person

15. nicolepud says:

I’m starting out blogging! Thought I’d give it a try, any tips?
    I enjoy your blogs! Have my humour!

Liked by 1 person

That’s exciting! I guess my tip would be to keep your audience in mind, but mainly just blog because *you* enjoy it. If you don’t enjoy it, it will show, and if you try too hard to be something you think people will want instead of just who you are, that will show too. So I guess, just have fun and the rest will follow!

• nicolepud says:

So far I like it, it just flows at the moment but yeah I’m worried that when I do have followers I’ll get caught up in that and be something for entertainment rather than me and my life! Many thanks!

Liked by 1 person