Repost: Migraine or Tumor

Hey, guys! I’m not going to be able to post for the next few weeks, but I didn’t want to totally leave you hanging, so I scheduled a couple of old favorites. Now is also a good time to appreciate that I’ve gotten a lot recognizably better with my drawing pad! The post below is from October 2011.

**********

For a long time I’ve suffered from chronic migraines. Migraines are like headaches, except they make you want to die.

It’s a running joke between me and the Husband that my body just doesn’t want me to ever have a good time.

My longest migraine lasted just over three weeks. Since normal people can’t take three weeks off of work and head to the spa for a diamond peel microdermabrasion to feel better (I AM THE 99%!), I existed as a hazy shell of myself.

Having a migraine is like having the worst superpower ever. All your senses are heightened, but your brain gets confused with all the messages so it just turns everything into pain.

Chronic migraines also have the added effect of making me paranoid.

I still have a hard time believing though that my body would just randomly cause me horrible pain for no real reason, but maybe my body is just a dick like that.

This entry was posted in Observations, Paranoid and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Repost: Migraine or Tumor

1. puzzleblume says:

Like it, your talking about that problem. I know someone dear to me, who suffered that way for more than twenty years with heaps of pills and stuff, then startet a dietary change just to loose some weight because of some hypertension; he stopped eating bread, noodles, rice, cake…. and after he has had weekly migraine attacks or periods as you describe, he now is completely free from that since one and a half year! It is worth a try!

Liked by 2 people

2. Go Jules Go says:

I have NO idea how people tolerate migraines. I get a headache (I’m thinking it might have something with the two bottles of champagne I had the night before…) and I feel like a train wreck with a side of 5 car pile-up (and a pinch of “it’s not you, it’s me”).

3. Go Jules Go says:

*something to do with

4. I’m glad to see your good humor and artistry applied to this otherwise excruciating phenomenon. Whenever I’ve written or talked about migraines I’ve only managed to sound like … well, like the bad-humored, artless fellow I actually am. I’m glad to see someone bring some better gifts to the topic.

Liked by 2 people

5. I hope you’re off doing something fun and not headed to the spa for a diamond microderm abrasion!

Liked by 1 person

6. Nice post! Caffeine is one of the biggest triggers for migraines and they’re the woooorst 😩
    If you have a few minutes to spare read my blog, it’s brand new!

Liked by 2 people

7. I never believed in people suffering from migraines until they hit me! Karma. So extensive research has shown that this is normally due to the following, in this order; dehydration, toxins, deficiencies. Have these checked out before you book your brain scan 🙂

Liked by 2 people

8. eths says:

You are amazing in that you have a sense of humor while going through such unbearable pain!

Liked by 2 people

9. Ninja Phil says:

Having never had a migraine myself, it took a while for me to figure out exactly how bad they are when my wife and I started dating. I think it finally clicked when my wife shouted at me that she was going to be sick everywhere if I didn’t stop typing on my laptop… even though I was in a completely different room and all the doors were closed between us! Currently trying to train my two-year old on correct “mum’s got a migraine” procedure.

Liked by 1 person

10. Minca says:

I don’t get migraines but a co-worker of mine does. I feel for you all hat have to deal with them.

Liked by 1 person

11. Cat G. says:

I also have a brain that likes to take away my enjoyment of evenings, weekends, vacations… In fact, today I just had my first MRI for Migraine (and I am also worried it is something else!). I hope your frequency has decreased. Migraines are awful and I wouldn’t wish them on anyone.

Liked by 1 person

12. Liz says:

I’ve had them since I was about 11..I have one waiting to pounce and murder my head right now. I can feel it. I’ve always thought it was like my brain was just ..naw man..I gotta get out of here, and decides the eyeball is the best path for the great escape, only to realize the only tool available is a rusty ice pick..but chooses to go forward anyway.

I had an MRI for something else..and the tech was like..oh..I see you have migraines..
    and I wondered..is my brain putting up flyers? BIG MIGRAINE PARTY!

Liked by 2 people